For us, the holiday season is the peak season for going out — but also for entertaining guests at home. This week, we’re letting you take a bit of Parlor home to your own festive gathering, whatever it may be, with a seasonal cocktail recipe.
The bartenders at Parlor share their classic Manhattan recipe. The “212” Manhattan, named for Manhattan’s area code, is also easy to remember thanks to simple measurements.
Finish the drink with a nicer cherry if you can; Parlor recommends a Luxardo maraschino or Bordeaux cherry to make the experience extra festive.
Happy entertaining, from Parlor to you.
The 212 Manhattan
• Rye Whiskey (2oz)
• Sweet Vermouth (1oz)
• Angostura Bitters (2 dashes)
• Cherry garnish (Luxardo Maraschino or Bordeaux cherry is preferred)
- Fill a pint glass with ice
- Add 2oz Rye Whiskey
- Add 1oz Sweet Vermouth
- Add 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Stir well, for at least 30 seconds
- Strain into a chilled glass. (We prefer a coupe glass.)
- Garnish with a cherry
- Serve and enjoy!
TO BATCH THE COCKTAIL FOR EIGHT TO 10 GUESTS AT HOME:
- Rye Whiskey (18oz)
- Sweet Vermouth (9oz)
- Angostura Bitters (18 dashes)
- Filtered or bottled water (5oz) – Not mineral water
- Cherry garnish (Luxardo Maraschino or Bordeaux Cherry is preferred)
- Find a bottle or pitcher (get a funnel, if using a bottle to eliminate spills)
- Add 18oz of Rye Whiskey
- Add 9oz of Sweet Vermouth
- Add 18 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Add 5oz of water
- Close the bottle and chill well by keeping on ice or in the fridge
- To serve, pour in coupe glasses and garnish with a cherry
- Put down the phone and enjoy your company.