Parlor is celebrating National Margarita Day with a new cocktail recipe, a pineapple and serrano-spiked margarita with an eye-catching black salt rim. The sweet-spicy syrup brings a kick that balances with the aged tequila and sweet pineapple. The black sea salt rim is a striking change; finish the cocktail by eating the edible dried fruit garnish.
For the honey serrano syrup:
1/2 cup honey
1 cup water
1 Serrano chile, halved
- Stir honey and water over high heat until honey dissolves, around 5 minutes
- Remove from heat, and add the chile
- Steep for 15 minutes, then strain into a jar. Syrup will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
For the cocktail:
1 ½ oz. Cimarron Reposado tequila
½ oz. Pierre Ferrand dry curaçao
½ oz. pineapple juice
¼ oz. lime juice
½ oz honey serrano syrup
Black Hawaiian sea salt, for garnish
Dehydrated pineapple ring, for garnish
- Coat the rim of a rocks glass with black Hawaiian sea salt
- Combine the tequila, dry curacao, pineapple juice, lime juice and syrup in a shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into a rocks glass
- Garnish with a piece of dehydrated pineapple and serve.